Image Map

3.04.2012

Meal Planning: Week 10

Things have been nuts lately. Last weekend consisted of a baby shower, a wedding shower, dinner with my in-laws and breakfast with them the next morning, a trip to the Farmer's Market in Evanston, time spent with visiting relatives, a trip downtown, and on top of all that a few of us were sick. The weekend rolled into a hectic week... I had to work late on Monday night, attended an event on Wednesday night, and spent most of the week battling a rough cold. Does this explain why I skipped the meal plan last week?

We cleared the calendar this weekend and spent some down time at home. We needed it. I opened a Real Simple magazine this morning and found three recipes to try for our meal plan this week with some of my stand-by's. Here it is:

Sunday: Left-over vegetable barley soup from Friday
Monday: Slow-cooker chicken and mushroom pot pie with salad
Tuesday: Slow-cooker spaghetti bolognese with salad
Wednesday: Turkey meat loaf, brocolini, and roasted potatoes
Thursday: Paprika chicken and sauteed kale
Friday: Roasted parsnips and radishes with a green salad

My plan is a little ambitious, but I prepared the Monday and Tuesday night slow-cooker recipes this evening and plan to make the Wednesday and Thursday meals on Wednesday evening (the bonus of not having to commute!).

Balancing a family and work isn't easy and my meal plan tends to be a small anchor that gets us through the week. (And provides left overs for lunch!)

What are you making this week?

No comments: