Image Map

4.19.2012

Good Deeds 2012 Week 16: Shared My Social Media Space

Good Deed: Helped share information about Project Ladybug and their upcoming fundraiser on my Facebook page.

I received a message from someone I went to high school with asking if I would share my social media space on Tuesday to help spread the word about Project Ladybug and their upcoming fundraiser. Their goal was to blow up social media and rely on free marketing through contacts to help with marketing. I wish I could have done more, but I was in the office on Tuesday and really busy. So, I shared it on my Facebook page. And I'm also sharing it here.


Sharing your social media space may not seem like much, but I can't tell you how many new organizations I've learned about through the social media posts of others. The reality is there are many very worthy organizations doing great work with no budget for marketing. Like in any business, word of mouth, reputation, and brand identity are incredibly important in fundraising. Think about what organizations you might help promote with your own social media network.


What was your good deed this week?

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with Project Ladybug, nor was I compensated for this post. All opinions are my own.

No comments: