Image Map

2.17.2014

You Gotta Try This #StonyfieldGreek Smoothie

I usually eat a lot of Greek yogurt. It's been my go-to for the last couple of years and in my busiest days I can easily eat it for two meals. My kids also love yogurt, but I can't convince W to eat Greek yogurt for some reason. The other two love it and my guess W doesn't because I've been pushing it on him so much. And why wouldn't I?

Did you know that Stonyfield makes Greek yogurt in 13 different varieties? And they just perfected the recipe, so they found a way to make it even better, as well as introduce new flavoes like black cherry and cafe latte (the hands down personal favorite in our house so far).

Anyway, in my attempts to get W to eat Greek yogurt I put it in a smoothie and suddenly it was delicious.

I just went through the freezer and fridge and used what was on hand: frozen bananas, frozen blueberries from the summer, and a handful of kale.



I threw it all in the blender with Stonyfield Organic Greek Blueberry yogurt and a little almond milk.


And - BINGO - W unknowingly ate and enjoyed Greek yogurt.

Even better, I've been eating cleaner since our cleanse (more on that tomorrow) and was reminded how much I enjoy smoothies and can continue to get more fruits and vegetables in my diet. I've added some chocolate protein powder to mine... Which I bought six months ago when I vowed to get back in shape. But, then life got in the way.

So, now it's time for me to get back on the wagon - especially since we're going on vacation at the end of May. My plan: a mix of running, core power yoga, and the occasional P90X in the basement... Now just to find the time.

Disclosure: I am a Stonyfield Yo-Getter and received complimentary product.

No comments: