Image Map

2.27.2014

Netflix Movies to Help Our Kids Go For Gold Lead Us to New Family Classics


Our kids are still a little young for watching sports. W is just now becoming interested in sports - mostly asking which color uniforms we're rooting for and who are the good guys or the bad guys. We wanted the kids to get into the Olympics. It's hard for a five year old to grasp how special the Olympics really are -- especially a kid who hasn't really gotten in touch with his athletic side.

Have I mentioned that I am part of the Netflix Stream Team? Every month I'll be participating with a post inspired by Netflix. I thought this month would hard... The Olympics. And when the watching got tough with the kids, I took a look at the movies Netflix recommended for little ones...

1. Super WHY!: The Tortoise and the Hare
2. Curious George: George Gets a Trophy
3. Bob the Builder: The Bobblesberg Winter Games
4. Angelina Ballerina: In the Wings
5. Caillou: Caillou Gets Active


The idea is these movies will help kids get ready for gold. These movies are right in our wheel house... Super WHY!, Curious George, and Caillou are still hot characters for us Hannemaniacs. W is starting to grow out of them a bit, but B is just starting to love them.

So, after these I checked the list of 15 movies that Netflix recommended for the older kids and found Air Bud: World Pup, Air Bud: Seventh Inning Stretch, and Air Bud Spikes Back. I wasn't sure if the kids were quite ready for them, but was introduced to Air Buddies. And - hello, new family favorite. That's probably my favorite thing about Netflix... For years I have relied on it for recommending or leading me to movies I would not have otherwise found. I've been a Netflix member since 2005, so there are hundreds of movies we have found - mostly independent and foreign movies pre-kids - through Netflix. First through the website and now mostly through streaming.

Now we're finding some family favorites that same way... Like Air Buddies.



What's your favorite movie to help kids get ready for gold?

No comments: