Image Map

1.05.2011

Another TV Spot, Another Break Out

I'll be on the WGN Midday News tomorrow to show some great mom-created travel items. (Which is funny since our travel plans are currently on life support due to the cash we just had to throw down the toilet, kinda literally).

So, while this should all be fun, a little piece of this summer's history is repeating itself. Remember when I did the NBC Chicago Morning News in June? Remember my face exploded? Well, what do you know... Six months later, different station, same story. My hormones continue to make a mockery of my face.

A fellow blogger recommended I try tea tree oil, witch hazel, and aloe. At this point, it can't really get any worse. So, I dragged my butt to Whole Foods in last night's frigid temps and invested in a non-toxic, fresh way to handle this. Not that the stuff my doc prescribed before can even be used by a pregnant lady, but I'd rather go natural at this point. And I drank about a gallon of water yesterday to try to flush my skin.

Anyway, here we are again... Showing some cool mom-created items (and my broken-out face) to Chicago. Regardless, I'm super excited, and if you're one of the few people I know who won't be at work, I hope you'll tune in and send me good vibes tomorrow. And, no matter what, tell me I looked ok.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Totally awesome! I will be sure to watch! Good luck!! Jennifer

Lara Kercinik said...

That's great!! Can't wait to watch! Good luck! And - next time you're at the doc - ask for the pregnancy safe Finacea. It's pricey but works WONDERS on complexion. I would've killed to have had it in high school....