Image Map

7.30.2012

Carving Out Time For Myself

Who starts exercising when they're six months pregnant? That would be me! And I'm getting mad that I didn't focus some time on myself six months ago or a year ago or four years ago for that matter. Coulda, woulda, shoulda, right? But, seriously, you forget how good it feels to have time to exercise and focus your brain on your body and actually feel your muscles and be reminded that your body is capable of more than having kids and then serving as their stomping ground. I mean, that's all pretty amazing, but pushing yourself and then feeling sore muscles for a few days is a good reminder that our bodies have a lot more going on...

My exercise routine for the last four years has been terrible. I have relied on our treadmill or workouts on video. While it's better than nothing, I rarely make it through them, because there are two little people who know what I'm up to and it's hard to not hear them or for the timing of their nap to work out just right. It's annoying and is why I maintain that the only way I will ever be able to get back in shape will be to exercise outside of my house.

I've stuck with my classes at The Dailey Method. I've left the boys at home and found time for classes twice this week (woo hoo!). It's a really good hour for myself. It's not easy. There is a lot of shuffling that goes into finding time between having a full time job and two kids and the things that life continues to throw at you. You never think it will be that hard to find time for yourself until it is and then having time for yourself becomes a distant memory. In this case it's a far, far memory.

I might as well stick with it while I can... Because some October it won't get any easier.

Disclosure: I received a one-month unlimited package to The Dailey Method Kenilworth. All opinions are my own.

No comments: