Image Map

5.01.2012

Do You Need An Appendix? This Week I Learned NOPE!

Things have been painfully quiet on the blog, which means the opposite in life usually... And this past week brought us the proof we needed that you do not in fact need an appendix. I know this because I no longer have mine.

I can get into the story later, but for now I want to take a moment to let you know that having an appendix removed and two children under the age of three doesn't work so well.

Here's why:
1. You're not supposed to lift anything more than 10 pounds for six weeks post-surgery. 
2. You are really tired during recovery and need some quiet.
3. It's hard to make kids understand why you can't lift them, put them to bed, or why they can't dive bomb you.
4. Showing your wounds to a 3 year-old kind of freaks him out... Even when you think he'll think it's cool.
5. If you have one centrally-located television and don't like to watch inappropriate shows in front of your kids, it's hard to just veg out and watch bad reality tv. 

But, there is one thing I can tell you... If you are lucky enough to have an awesome husband and great family, you will not lift a finger. I have not had to cook, clean, do laundry, perform bedtime or bathing rituals, load/unload the dishwasher, wake up early, or do just about anything. It's been kind of nice (if not making me totally stir crazy) and it's been much needed to recover.

And, apparently, lifting a finger even includes writing a more in-depth post about my appendectomy, which I'll get into later. For now, I need to go rest up and see if there are some Real Housewives on.

No comments: