Image Map

6.06.2009

Ferber Method: First Morning Nap

I'm not going to say we're cured. We know William knows how to sleep. He has slept through the night many, many times. It's just that his sleep patterns change week to week and this week he has been fighting to stay awake from 7 pm to 10 pm each night. But, last night, he cried for maybe 40 minutes with periodic checks from Dad and then silence... Until 5:30 am, our usual wake-up time. Yes!

I thought naps were going to be much worse. Honestly, I can count on one hand how many times this kid has napped in his crib. And that is only when we sneak him in there - It never lasts longer than 20 minutes. I put him in his crib 45 minutes ago. He played, quietly fussed for a few minutes and is now totally asleep. Whoa.

I'm not yet filling out my application for Mom of the Year, but we have progress. Fingers crossed for Nap #2 and Night #2.

No comments: