Image Map

12.25.2009

Merry Christmas!


Last night was our first real Christmas Eve with William. Last year he was four months old and besides looking at the lights, he didn't get any real joy from the day. This year, he thoroughly enjoyed the always fantastic Baumrucker family Christmas Eve celebration. We went to my aunt Jan's whose three boys have tropical birds, snakes, frogs, turtles, lizards, fish, and a few dogs, so our animal lovin' little guy was in heaven. Not to mention all the attention be received from his great aunts, great uncles, and all of my cousins. (Being the first of his generation has its benefits.)

We didn't get home until after 10, so the kid was beyond tired. Stuck him in his crib and then played Santa for a while. I'd been warning William all day that Santa was coming and would bring gifts, so really thought that this morning would be a crazy frenzy of wrapping paper.

Not so much... He was up around 5:30, which meant he was still exhausted. He opened a few gifts and then lost interest. But, here's the good news: I didn't buy him any of these gifts, so I don't really care. I re-wrapped gifts that he received for his birthday. There were some that I was waiting to give him because of age and the ridiculous quantity of stuff. Plus, I know that today and tomorrow will be full of gifts from his Grandparents. So, there's my mom confession. (Go ahead, judge me, I don't care.)

Now we're off to my parents for brunch and then up to Wisconsin for some Hanneman family Christmasing.

Merry Christmas to all! Safe travels!

No comments: