Image Map

8.26.2010

Our Favorite Dinos

William LOVES dinosaurs. BIG FAN. So, you can imagine how excited I was to see that Dinosaurs On The Move by Cathy Diez-Luckie would be the next From Left to Write Book pick. Perfect, I thought. An interactive dinosaur book, he'll love it.

Dinosaurs have been a big topic around here for the last few months. It started with a book and a stuffed t-rex puppet and escalated from there. Now he can name a few dinos by sight.

When I received the book I realized just how much work I would have to do and just how much I don't like doing crafts. But, I made one. And he loved it:





We'll make more one day. Just not until he can be a little more helpful. And as you can see his attention span wouldn't last long enough to put stegosaurus together, even if it is his favorite dinosaur.

(Clearly Lightning McQueen is never far from him mind. At the end of the video he was saying: "Can Dada be Lightning McQueen?" Cars and dinos have taken over my llife.)

This post was inspired by Dinosaurs On The Move by Cathy Diez-Luckie, which I received complimentary for the From Left to Write Book Club.

2 comments:

Windtraveler said...

Okay, seriously. I might take him with us.

Cathy Diez-Luckie said...

Lisa,
Yes, this book is definitely for craft-loving kids. I have seen three year olds run off happily with dinosaurs that their parents have made for them at book events I have attended. They love it just the same, but can't yet appreciate the "assembly process". :D