Image Map

2.23.2012

Good Deeds 2012: StreetWise

Good Deed: Purchased a copy of StreetWise.

You can't get far in the city without running into a StreetWise vendor. I buy them every now and then. I read the articles most of the time (they're actually pretty good), but I really buy them because I like the mission of StreetWise: To assist Chicago area men and women who are facing homelessness achieve personal stability by providing a combination of supportive social services and immediate access to gainful employment.

The other day I was walking out of our drug store and stopped at the StreetWise vendor. I looked at him, trying to place the face. And then I figured it out... He also works at our grocery store. I felt as if I was staring at proof that the StreetWise model works.

Learn more about StreetWise here. And consider purchasing one the next time you walk by a vendor...

What was your good deed this week? Link it up or leave a comment.



Note: I am in no way affiliated with StreetWise, nor was I compensated for this post. All information was found on their website: www.streetwise.org

No comments: