Image Map

8.16.2012

Good Deeds 2012: Week 33 Recycled Wire Hangers

Good Deed: Saved box of wire hangers from the landfill.

I don't reuse the wire hangers we get from the dry cleaner, but I feel terrible throwing them away to sit in a landfill forever, so I've been collecting them for a while. I wasn't sure what I would do with them, but I knew that I'd figure it out.

Three years later and I decided to ask my dry cleaner if they would like them, which they did. So, the next time I brought in clothes, I also carried in a box of hangers. And guess what? They were actually really appreciative.

I figure this counts as a good deed for the environment and my dry cleaner, which is a family owned business with a husband and wife who work 12+ hours/six days a week. If this saved them a few pennies, then I'm happy to keep doing it.

Trust me, it would be much easier to just throw the hangers away, but I'm glad I didn't.

What was your good deed this week?

No comments: