Image Map

10.29.2009

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

These cookies are just too amazing not to share. I can't take credit. I received the recipe from my friend Kari who received it from her neighbor who received it from someone I don't know, but already like.

Good luck finding canned pumpkin. In case you don't know, there's a serious shortage. Trust me, the search will be worth it. These cookies will make your Halloween weekend. You can thank me later.

Ingredients:
1 c. pumpkin
1 c. white sugar
1/2 c. vegetable oil
1 egg
2 c. flour
2 t. baking powder
2 t. cinnamon
1/2 t. salt
1 t. baking soda
1 t. milk
1 T. vanilla
2 c. chocolate chips
1/2 c. walnuts (opt.)

Combine pumpkin, sugar, oil, and egg.

Stir together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Dissolve baking soda in milk and stir in.

Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture. Then add vanilla.

Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts (if you care to, I don't).

Spoon onto slightly greased cookie sheets (make them big!) and bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes. My top-of-the line Magic Chef stove (Ever heard of the brand? Neither has anyone else under the ago of 60.) does the job in a little over 13 minutes.

They're moist, cakey, and delicious. I highly recommend them warm.

No comments: