Image Map

6.07.2010

Withdrawal Symptoms


I had some serious kiddo withdrawal after this weekend. Seriously serious. Matt took the little guy to Wisconsin to see his grandparents and cousins, but I stayed here for bridal shower bonanza for one of my brides-to-be. The showers were fantastic and I got in some major quality time with my BFF and even snuck in a sleepover (she is still a major bed hog). I also managed to wash the sheets, hit the grocery store, vacuum two rugs, pick up a bridesmaid dress, and get my haircut while running in and out of my house in various directions. I might have sat down for about 15 minutes.

Seeing as I had no down time, it wasn't until I was in the bathroom after the shower ended yesterday afternoon and saw a mom with her own little guy right around William's age that I realized how much I missed him. Of course I missed him all weekend, but I never had a chance to really MISS him. I checked in with Matt all weekend, but always as I was on my way to one thing or another. In the bathroom I was finally in a quiet moment where I wasn't thinking about where I was going and I realized that the only place I wanted to go was to see my little man.

Matt and I got home right around the same time and I was greeted by a very excited toddler who let me give him as many hugs and kisses as I wanted to. (Every time I asked, "Where's my hug?" I received an enthusiastic "Right here!")

I have a lot more kiddo-missing coming my way... June and July weekends are full of stuff that will keep me busy and away from him on the weekends. All good stuff, but we're really going to be missing each other.

1 comment:

Windtraveler said...

a) i am not a bed hog, i just like to 'cuddle'
b) william is the cutest, most miss-able little monkey ever...
c) you are a SUPER mom and a SUPER friend, thanks for everything.

love you to pieces.

xoxoxo