Image Map

3.11.2011

"I Don't Lug You, Either"

We're currently in the "chase me if you want me to go anywhere and then I will fight to the end to stay home" phase, especially when we're headed to the train station to go to work. W loves going out, but getting the jacket and shoes on is a constant challenge. I know it's a control thing, but I am really ready to lose the jacket come summer. But then we'll be wrestling him with sunscreen...

Anyway, this morning I was chasing him around, explaining it was time to go to the train. I caught him after my third lap around the coffee table, threw him over my shoulder (kicking and screaming), and then heard him drop the bomb that every kid will drop.

"I don't LOVE you." I am positive this is what he said.

"What did you say?" I asked, not in my angry voice, mind you.

"I said I don't LUG you."

"Are you sure? I thought you said LOVE."

"No, I do LOVE you, I just really don't LUG you."

OK, first off, I find him telling me that he doesn't love me to be hilarious. Because I know it's not true.

Secondly, I am in huge trouble, because I have totally created a mini me. (Ba ha ha, world domination will be mine!)

Thirdly, I've decided that LUG is a verb that means: to enjoy cooperating with one's parents when it is time to go to work.

It can be used in the following ways:
-My kid is great at lugging, he has his coat on and is ready to go before I am!
-My son can't lug to save his life, all he wants to do is play his dinosaur puzzles.
-Getting a kid to lug is tough, but using donuts as bribery makes it easier!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is my most favorite Lisa and William story ever! He cracks me up! Jennifer