Image Map

11.15.2009

Indian Summer Chili

Every now and then I find a recipe that I think is worth sharing. On paper this recipe looks a little weird. It's Rachael Ray's, so is meant to be made quickly, but I let it cook longer than she would. I've made it a few times and change it around a little each time, but it's always a crowd pleaser.

Making something called Indian Summer Chili is almost cruel on a day like today, but it's comforting and filling on a dreary day like this.

Here is the recipe. I add a chopped zucchini and use a big can of tomato sauce. I also recommend using the corn and for seasoning: Weber Smokey Mesquite BBQ Seasoning (which is awesome on everything... fish, chicken, veggies, potatoes). Then I let it cook for over an hour on low.

I'm not a big fan of Rachael Ray as a personality (I find her to be annoying in general), but I do like her soup recipes with a little embellishment. Enjoy!

No comments: