Image Map

3.07.2010

Oscars Schmoscars

There are some things you do just because you feel like you should. For instance, I'm watching the Oscars right now. I'm not sure why. I haven't seen most of the movies. Better stated: I haven't seen 99% of the movies. I just feel like I should be watching.

I love movies, I just don't have time to go to the theater. And, honestly, I prefer watching movies in the comfort of my own home... On my own couch where I can pause the movie when I have to go to the bathroom and don't have to deal with obnoxious people talking/texting/slurping their drinks/chomping on their snacks/kicking my seat. (OK, I'm a little particular and easily annoyed.) I can wait for the dvd when I get to watch the movie and then all the fun extras, too. (Who doesn't love those extras?)

Admittedly, there are a few things that I enjoy about the awards. The best reason to watch the Oscars is to help me fill up my Netflix queue (currently at 372 -not kidding). I also really love the best song nominee performances. I should say: I *used* to love the best song performances. But, unfortunately these seem to have been axed this year. REALLY?!?! The highlight of my Oscar viewing history was Robin Williams performing Blame Canada. What a loss.

So, now I'm ready to go to bed, even before the In Memoriam montage, which everyone enjoys in their own morbid way. Admit it, you like it, too. I mean, the John Hughes tribute... If that didn't tug on your heart strings and make you feel some nostalgia, then you're just cold. But I'd rather be in bed and just check the list of winners and all the other gossip online tomorrow. And, seriously, some of the presenters have kinda shocked me. Ahem, ahem... Miley Cyrus. What the??? (Matt told me I better get used to her since she doesn't seem to be going anywhere, but I refuse. I'd rather eat glass.)

I'm tired. I have a child who wakes me up at 5:00 am EVERY MORNING. Where's my award for that?!?! Oh, wait! The In Memoriam montage is starting... I'm so going to bed after this.

Update: Eating my words. Luckily I just caught the performance by The Legion of Extraordinary Dancers. It was like a SYTYCD reunion with old friends. Can't wait for that show to start again. Now, I'm going to bed.

Also, this must be said: Is it just me or is George Clooney is a really bad mood tonight? Jeeeez, George.

No comments: