Image Map

3.10.2010

When Crock Pots Let You Down

I've been embracing my crock pot. I use it at least once a week, sometimes a couple of times a week. It's the best way to make a meal when you're a full time working mom. I have to embrace the crock pot, I don't have a choice.

So, I realize most blogs share photos to show what a great meal looks like. Since this isn't most blogs, I'm sharing what an unhappy crock pot looks like:


I had a great idea... Chicken breasts, white wine, lemon, rosemary, garlic, salt, pepper. Set the crock for low and let it cook for seven or eight hours. Sounds good, right? Well, it was, if you consider bland, dry chicken good. Which you don't. No one does. Neither do we. Matt eve admited it was bad, which means it was REALLY, REALLY bad. And, I have to say, one of the biggest disappointments is a terrible crock pot meal that you smelled cooking all day and built up in your head to be the delicious, comforting meal you expected.

What did I do wrong? I tried, I really tried to wing it. I thought I was ready, but alas... BAD crock pot meal. If anyone has tips, please share them.

1 comment:

Windtraveler said...

wow. that looks pretty gross. wish i had some advice for you, but i don't have a crock pot nor have i cooked on one...but yes, the recipe sounds good to me too!! LOVE YOU