Image Map

5.11.2010

How Can You Protect Your Kid From Random Violence?

I've been terribly disturbed by the recent bat attack on two young women in Bucktown. It happened so close to our old place and reminded me the many, many dangerous positions I put myself in (without realizing it most of the time) when I was in my early 20's. It was pure luck that allowed me to safely make it home every night. Luck, not smarts.

As the parent of a toddler, I worry for his day to day safety. Concerns generally include running into the street, splitting his head open on the corner of the coffee table, falling off of a slide, or something of the kind. These seem to be somewhat controllable factors in life now.

What about all those jerks out there who somehow roam around with no respect for other people and no value for life? How will I be able to control his safety then? Check out my recent post for Chicago Moms Blog.

No comments: