Image Map

1.04.2012

Meal Planning is BACK!

It seems with the New Year and the fresh start we get I'm hearing lots of chatter about meal planning. Are you? (OK, maybe it's just most people I know...) Anyway, I've often documented my meal planning attempts and challenges here. Then I started to think to myself: "Seriously? Who cares about what we're eating?" and I totally fell off the wagon with posting and with meal planning.

But, I've realized a couple of things: First, this blog is about managing a modern family with two jobs, two kids, a house, a dog, and all that entails, so if I feel meal planning is important, then it is! Also, it seems that people do care what everyone else is eating and want to share their meal planning successes, tips, failures, and recipes. While I do not have tips to share, I do have a plan that I put together in my head while we were at Whole Foods on Monday...

Monday: Ina Garten's Parker's Split Pea Soup
Tuesday: Baked Salmon with rice and a salad
Wednesday: Chopped Salad with turkey and beets
Thursday: Southwestern Slow Cooker Chicken and Sweet Potato Soup
Friday: Smoked Paprika chicken thighs and roasted cauliflower

Sounds good, right? So far we've been eating well this week and I've been far less stressed about dinners. Let's see if I stick to meal planning and have another plan for you next week. I make no promises.

No comments: