7.09.2009

Fit for William Consumption

I have been waiting for this to happen. It was only a matter of time before William ate some dog food. Flashback to this morning: He was in the kitchen while Matt was doing dishes, I was in the bedroom getting dressed. I heard him cough and my instincts were to run out there. But, William likes to cough for attention and likes when people mimic him, so Matt turned around and coughed back thinking it was a little game. Then I hear, "What are you eating?"

I run out to find Matt fishing in his mouth. Dog food. Yes, indeed he had been crunching a piece of dog food. Gross. Just totally disgusting. Howie likes to take pieces of dog food out of his bowl and bring them into the living room where they can hide nicely in the carpeting. Little fingers find these treasures and if it smells salty, then it's going in the mouth. Most things go in the mouth anyway, but not all are eaten. Luckily, we buy a high-end "fit for human consumption" brand for Howie, so I don't think it's necessary to get poison control involved.

It won't be the last time this kid nibbles on some kibble, might not have even been the first. And thus begins our list of gross things William has eaten: #1 Dog Food.

1 comment:

Windtraveler said...

something tells me it will get worse than dog food...(this, coming from the girl who, as a child, ate ants...probably shouldn't have admitted that on the web...oh well). Luv ya!